/ Club News
/ AGM Meeting Rescheduled
AGM Meeting Rescheduled
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (Meeting) of Margate Football Club Limited (Company) will be held at Hartsdown Park, Hartsdown Road, Margate, Kent CT9 5QZ on 24th May 2018 at 18:00hrs.
The agenda for the Meeting is as follows:
1) Chairman’s Report
2) Thank directors and officers for their work over the previous year
3) Present the Company’s annual accounts for the year ended 17 May 2017
4) Shareholders’ Questions and Answers
5) Any other business
By order of the Board
Chairman & Director
, Hartsdown Park
, Hartsdown Road
, Kent, CT9 5QZ
Company number 01359836
4th April March 2018
Notes to the Notice of Annual General Meeting
Appointment of proxies
1. If you are a shareholder who is entitled to attend and vote at the meeting, you are entitled to appoint one or more proxies to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting and you should have received a proxy form. A proxy does not need to be a shareholder of the Company but must attend the meeting to represent you. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
2. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the Meeting.
Appointment of proxy by post
3. The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy how to vote on each resolution.
To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be completed and signed; sent or delivered to the Company at Hartsdown Park, Hartsdown Road, Margate, Kent CT9 5QZ; and received by the Company no later than 18th April 2018. If you require a Form of Proxy please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the case of a shareholder which is a company, the proxy form must be executed under its common seal or signed on its behalf by an officer of the company or an attorney for the company.
Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the proxy form is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the proxy form.
Appointment of proxy by joint members
5. In the case of joint holders, where more than one of the joint holders completes a proxy appointment, only the appointment submitted by the most senior holder will be accepted. Seniority is determined by the order in which the names of the joint holders appear in the Company's register of members in respect of the joint holding (the first-named being the most senior).
Changing proxy instructions
6. Shareholders may change proxy instructions by submitting a new proxy appointment using the methods set out above. Note that the cut-off time for receipt of proxy appointments also apply in relation to amended instructions; any amended proxy appointment received after the relevant cut-off time will be disregarded.
Where you have appointed a proxy using the hard-copy proxy form and would like to change the instructions using another hard-copy proxy form, please contact Deny Wilson at Hartsdown Park, Hartsdown Road, Margate, Kent, CT9 5QZ.
If you submit more than one valid proxy appointment, the appointment received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
Termination of proxy appointment
7. A shareholder may change a proxy instruction but to do so you will need to inform the Company in writing:
Sending a signed hard-copy notice clearly stating your intention to revoke your proxy appointment to the Company. In the case of a shareholder which is a company, the revocation notice must be executed under its common seal or signed on its behalf by an officer of the company or an attorney for the company. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the revocation notice is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the revocation notice.
The revocation notice must be received by the Company no later than 23rd April 2018.
Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the meeting and voting in person. If you have appointed a proxy and attend the Meeting in person, your proxy appointment will automatically be terminated.
8. Except as provided above, shareholders who have general queries about the meeting should write to Terence Painter at Hartsdown Park, Hartsdown Road, Margate, Kent, CT9 5QZ (no other methods of communication will be accepted). For questions submitted under “Any Other Business” please use the above details and with questions submitted in writing no later than 17th April 2018.
You may not use any electronic address provided either in this notice of annual general meeting; or any related documents (including the proxy form), to communicate with the Company for any purposes other than those expressly.
Proof of identification
9. Please be aware that proof of identification will be required at the AGM. This will need to be in the same name as that which appears on the shareholding record. Proof of legal name changes will be required for those with a different name than that which appears on the register.
Wednesday, 25 April 2018
By Charlotte Richardson