/ Club News
/ The Libertines Extend Sponsorship
The Libertines Extend Sponsorship
Margate FC and The Libertines proudly announce an agreement to extend the current sponsorship deal to a second year. To celebrate this news, we are very excited to announce the launch of a new Third Kit for the 2019/20 season.
The Libertines History Kit is so called because it represents the opportunity for fans and supporters to become part of the Club’s history with their names appearing on the kit alongside Pete Doherty, Carl Barât, John Hassall and Gary Powell. The shirt is available to purchase
and will feature the names of hundreds of supporters and fans from all around the world.
Margate General Manager Deny Wilson “I’m really excited to see the reaction of fans to the Libertines History kit. To have your name on a shirt that will be worn by the band and in games by the team is really unique “.
The Libertines “We are really tickled to be sponsoring Margate FC for another season. There is a lot of exciting things going on in Margate at the moment… the Turner Prize, the Gate on a winning streak and not to mention our own Albion Rooms opening later this year. The new shirt is bespoke and unbelievably, even more beautiful than the last one and was designed by local pop artist Luke McLean.”
Supporters who purchased the 2018 season kit can rest assured that both the home and away kits will be used again in the Bostik League for the upcoming 2019/20 season. The History Kit is an addition to the MFC kit range and will be used when Margate play in Cup competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, The Buildbase FA Trophy and Velocity Trophy.
To purchase the new shirt, please head to our online Club Shop, or visit Hartsdown Park where a member of staff be able to assist you.
Due to the popularity of The Libertines History Kit, we have added some FAQs for supporters interested in pre-ordering the kit.
- Will my shirt only have my name on it? No. Every shirt will have the name of every one of the first 1000 supporters who purchase a shirt.
- If I order it now will it arrive in the next two weeks?
No. The kit will not be printed until the closing date of July 31st. At that point all the names will be added to the shirt, it will be printed and sent out to you with expected delivery in October.
- If I purchase the shirt after the closing date can I still get my name on the shirt?
No. Once the kit design date closes the shirt will be complete. It will still be available to purchase but only with the names of those who pre-purchased the shirt.
- Can I buy the shirt for a Christmas present for a loved one now and present it to them at the time? Yes. This is the perfect Christmas present for someone.
- Can you advise on sizing? We can certainly direct you to our supplier JAKO's size guide, please take a look and assess what option you'd like before purchasing. Click here to find the size guide.
Thursday, 01 August 2019
By Charlotte Richardson